Instagram is a visual platform so the quality of your photos are very important to make your account more appealing to your community.
Here are a few tips to improve your phoneography skills:
- Simple but important, wipe your phone lens regularly to get clearer shots.
- Try to take the photos in good lighting.
- Use your brightness and contrast controls to make the image crisper.
- Go for an intense pop of colour by using the Instagram inbuilt filters, or filters from another app.
- Be creative!
Boomerang/DSCO: are apps that can create fun GIFs and effects for Instagram. Play around and have fun with them.
Top tips for growing your account:
- Post consistently.
- Use themes already in place like #tbt throwback Thursday or #fbf Flashback Friday.
- Study trends and use the correct hashtags.
- Share some user generate content.
- Use the right filters.
- Tag a friend or influential users.
- Incorporate videos and gifs.
- Link to Instagram from your other social accounts.
- Like other photos in your niche – it encourages others to follow you.
- Create a theme for your account – this will probably be hockey, training and your life. It can also extend to how the photos look and colour themes.
- Respond to comments and comment on others posts – increasing your engagement.
- Why not ask a question and ask them to like a photo if they agree?
- Approach other popular users and collaborate!